Bourbon Cherry Sourdough Swirl Ice Creamcook time
- 3 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Square Bread, cubed
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 4 tsp. + ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 3½ tsp. Bourbon, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of salt
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add cubed bread and mix to cover each cube of bread. Add 3 teaspoons sugar and mix until incorporated. Continue to let cook until golden brown and toasted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place cherries on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons Bourbon and 1 teaspoon sugar, and stir to cover cherries. Bake at 400˚F for 20 minutes, stirring every 5-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, half and half, ¼ cup sugar, vanilla, vanilla bean paste, the remaining Bourbon, and salt. Whisk until combined, then add mixture to ice cream machine. Churn for 20 minutes.
- In a loaf pan, layer ice cream, cherries, caramelized bread, ice cream, cherries and more caramelized bread. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until set. Serve topped with extra caramelized bread.