- 1 California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Large Boule, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups pecans
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine pecans, brown sugar and butter. Cook until bubbling and sugar has dissolved.
- Spray a 9x9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with dates.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla until well combined. Pour the egg mixture over the bread pieces and dates, ensuring that the bread is evenly covered.
- Pour the butter pecan mixture over the soaked bread, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.