- 2 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Flute bread, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. pesto sauce
- 2 slices fresh Mozzarella
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped basil, chopped
- Hollandaise sauce (recipe follows)
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup butter, melted
Caprese Eggs Benedict Directions:
- Poach eggs by gently cracking into simmering hot water and cooking until egg whites are set (approximately 4 minutes). Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Spread pesto on base of each toast slice. Top each toasts with one slice of Mozzarella and tomato, and one poached egg. Garnish with hollandaise sauce and fresh basil and serve.
Hollandaise Sauce Directions:
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper together. Slowly drizzle in melted butter while whisking continuously. Use sauce immediately.