- 4 California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Mini Boule 2-pack
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups carrots, chopped
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- 1½ cups yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (14.5-oz.) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup pearl barley (uncooked)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic and sauté for approximately 3-4 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, barley, bay leaves, sage, rosemary and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until barley is tender (approximately 50-60 minutes). Stir in chicken, parsley and lemon juice.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tops off mini boules and remove filling, leaving a ½-inch-thick wall around the sides and bottom.
3. Arrange mini boules on baking sheet. Fill with soup and heat in oven for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy.