- 2 California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Boule
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ⅔ lb. chuck roast, cut into cubes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ orange pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add chuck roast cubes and season with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides until meat is golden and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Set meat aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and pour in onions and peppers. Cook until onions are translucent and peppers have softened, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in flour and cook 2 minutes, until flour turns slightly golden. Stir in beef broth, cream and ½ cup cheese. Bring to simmer and cook 10 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the tops off the bread boules and scoop out the inside of the bread to make a bowl. Place on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes at 350˚.
- Once soup is thickened, add in meat and scoop into bread bowls. Top with remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted and golden, about 10 minutes.