- 2 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Toasted onion square Bread
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Root Beer Pulled Pork (recipe follows)
Root Beer Pulled Pork Ingredients:
- 3-4 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup root beer
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Make Root Beer Pulled Pork. Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Rub pork with salt. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add salted pork to skillet, cooking 2-4 minutes per side until browned. Transfer pork to slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together root beer, molasses, tomato paste, mustard and garlic. Pour over pork. Top with sliced onion. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7-9 hours, or until pork is tender. Once pork is done, let stand about 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss to coat with liquid.
- Make grilled cheese. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on a cutting board, and top with two slices of cheese, pulled pork, barbecue sauce and two more slices of cheese. Top with second slice of bread, butter side up, and place in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until golden brown and cheese just begins to melt (approximately 3-5 minutes). Flip and continue cooking until cheese has fully melted and second side is golden brown.