- 5 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Square Bread
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Caramel sauce, to serve (optional)
- Peel and slice the apples. Place the apple slices in an 8x8 baking dish and pour water over them.
- Cut the slices of bread into 4 strips. Dip the slices of bread in the melted butter and place on top of the apples.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the bread.
- Bake at 375˚F for 25-30 minutes or until the apples are softened and the bread is browned. Serve warm, topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired.