- 1 loaf California Goldminer® Non-GMO Jaco bread
- 4 eggs
- ½ lb. corned beef, sliced
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- Chopped chives, to garnish
- Hollandaise Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices, toast and set aside.
- Poach the eggs in a small pot. To begin, bring about 2 inches of water to a boil, then reduce heat. Crack an egg into a ramekin, stir water to get it spinning, then gently pour the egg into the simmering water. Stir the egg around to keep it spinning a bit as it cooks for about 3 minutes or until yolk is set to your liking. Transfer egg to a paper towel-lined plate to rest. Repeat process with remaining eggs.
- Warm the corned beef and sauerkraut in a skillet.
- Make the hollandaise sauce. Whisk the egg yolk, vinegar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while whisking continuously until the yolk is warm and smooth. Slowly whisk in melted butter, stirring gently. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Build sandwiches by layering corned beef and sauerkraut on Jaco toast. Top with poached egg, hollandaise sauce and chives.