Sourdough Stuffed Pork Roastcook time
- 1 loaf California Goldminer® Sourdough Sourdough Square Bread
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 8 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. sage, minced
- 2 tbsp. marjoram
- 2 tsp. salt, + more for seasoning pork
- 2 tsp. pepper, + more for seasoning pork
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 3 lb. pork loin, butterflied
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
Special Tools: Kitchen twine
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cube bread. Place 2 cups of bread cubes in a food processor and blend to make breadcrumbs. Set aside. Arrange remaining bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes and set aside in a large bowl.
- Turn oven up to 400˚F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery, mushrooms and onion. Cook until onions become translucent and mushrooms have cooked down. Add sage, marjoram, salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes and add mixture to the cubed bread in bowl. Stir to combine. Add broth, half cup at a time, until bread is wet but not soaked.
- Use the remaining salt and pepper to season both sides of the pork loin. Place 2-2½ cups of the stuffing on the butterflied pork loin and roll it up. Truss stuffed pork loin with kitchen twine to hold it together. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes or until the top of the pork roast is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325˚F. Top pork loin with breadcrumbs and parsley, and return to oven for another 20-25 minutes or until pork has reached an internal temperature of 150˚F. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.