- 8 slices California Goldminer® Sourdough Non-GMO Toasted onion square, cut into cubes
- ½ lb. spicy Italian sausage link, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, pale green parts only, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 ½–2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet and toast in oven for 5–7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage links until cooked through, approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove sausage from heat and slice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the leeks, squash and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover with a lid and cook for 6–7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Add sausage, cranberries, sage, rosemary, and remaining salt and pepper to the vegetables. Stir to combine, and cook for 3–5 minutes, or until cranberries are softened.
- Remove from heat and add bread cubes a handful at a time, tossing to combine after each addition. Add broth, ½ cup at a time, until the bread is moistened.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the top is crusty and brown.